Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Quick Photo Update


Here are just a few quick progress photos as Dragon Con 2015 rushes ever closer.
My Logan's Run/Jessica 6 costume is complete!
Below is a photo of the dress before I put the narrow hem on the bottom edge. Not as annoying a process as I thought it was going to be, but since it's silk it was much easier to work with, unlike slippery synthetic versions.
I was also able to find the perfect bra and boy shorts, that match my skin tone for that nude look, to wear underneath the very minimal ensemble. This is probably my most comfortable cosplay. Ever.


The Wilma Deering costume from Buck Rogers (Episode, "Space Vampire") is coming together quite easily. The piping proved to be a bit fussy to get nicely around the corners, but I made it work.
Tonight I may even be able to finish the matching pants, and be done with it!
The small laser pistol is also coming along, and with my fiancee's help, we made a mold of the original Match-O-Matic base to create a lighter weight version. All it needs is the trigger guard, a short clear acrylic rod for the 'barrel' and some silver paint.


Laser blaster resin mold setting up, and the piping in process for the top.

Stay tuned for a few more posts. I'll see what I can fit in between now and the last few days before the event.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap!

***I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.