Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Progress

Here are just a few shots of the accessories I have finished, and what I am building during the in-between time.

My finished Wilma Deering boots for our Buck Rogers 'Space Vampire' cosplay.


 The boots themselves were a pair of low cut black leather ankle boots I found on Ebay, then painted a bone ivory with leather paint. I found a cheap pair of similarly colored 1980s leather pants, and used the material to build the 'spats', then painted those with the same leather spray color. 3 ribbons of elastic, stitched on with a zigzag stitch, help to create the ruching at the front of the boot as it was on the originals.



I may top stitch the  edge of the boot opening, but for now they look appropriately disco/1980s.

The holster and belt went together last night, too.
It's really hard to see how the holster attached to her belt (no photos yet), so for now I just added a loop and snap combo that still looks good enough until I can make improvements later. Truthfully from what I can make out, it almost looks like one of those large binder clips with one handle removed, and the other attaching to the holster.
The 'laser pistol' will be made after taking a mold off of the below pictured Match-O-Matic lighter.
Yep, that is indeed a bottle of whiskey....used for medicinal purposes...and as a pattern weight, etc.

 
So far, so good on the Logan's Run front. I'm making quick progress of my Jessica 6 dress, and the collar made for me by Creative Thinking Studio is on it's way to me now. All it needs is the Ankh pendant I finished this past weekend, molded from Fimo clay and painted a shiny silver. I'll add more photos of the collar and Ankh once it's all put together.
I also received the large link chain belt in the mail yesterday (yay, more super disco items!), that will wrap around the upper rib cage and through the dress front panel. It was a super yellow gold, so I toned it down with a light dusting of metallic silver spray paint.


I was able to track down a low profile nude bra to wear under this sheer little number, and to mount the chain belt to. Still on the hunt for the right shade of nude hotpants/boyshorts. They are all either super pink/pale or super dark, or have really noticable trimmings or seams at the sides.

More to come. so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap!

***I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.