Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Making Of A Ghostbuster (Cosplay) Continued

FYI, I love gloves.
I happen to have a rather large collection that has grown to somewhat frightening proportions, filling many of my little drawers that could probably be used for better things.
Actually, no. Gloves win.

Since I was old enough to put a ballet tutu on my head and say, "Mom. Mom. Mommy...mommy, mooooom. MOM LOOK!... I'm a lion", I've taken dress-up pretty seriously. By age 10, I considered myself a professional dress-up artist of sorts.
Nothing beat my Gunnie Sax/square dance petticoat bustle combo *with lime green 1960s evening gloves*.
Gloves are serious business, and thanks to a family member with an antique shop during my formative years, I got ALL the awesome estate sale, auction, thrift and garage sale dress-up wardrobe scores to fuel my theatrical comedy antics.
As always, there were random pairs of gloves included. Some quite nice and still residing in my collection today. Unfortunately for the lime green evening gloves, they met their demise at the hands of the neighbor boy and a full glass of grape juice. I think fire was involved, too...it was the 1980s.

In more recent years, when attempting to find the proper gloves to finish an ensemble, I've been able to turn to this vast collection of mine.
But, oh Ghostbusters; why must you thwart my laziness?!!
Thanks to a bit of Googling and digging over at GBfans.com, I was able to nail down exactly the type and brand of gloves worn by these ass-kicking ladies.
They are made by 4th Element, and they are the 3mm Neoprene Dive Gloves.
Changes were made to them for the film; obviously they were clipped into finger-less gloves, and a custom made wrist guard was added. That's at least what I know for now, and better quality images are coming soon to get better details on changes made to them.
No fire, grape juice, or neighbor boys will be utilized...this time.


These dive gloves can be found at http://www.diverightinscuba.com, but also on Amazon.com for a slightly lower price if you do a search there. Though I will warn that they are going fast on Amazon, and are in limited sizes and quantities.
Also; you know when something currently being produced is in high 'cosplay demand', when Ebay turns up zero results. This also happened with a specific style of work gloves that were used with the flight suits in the newer TV series, Battlestar Galactica. I'm glad I snagged a few pairs, those suckers are GONE.

On average these 4th Element dive gloves run about $55 to $65 US per pair currently.
When I get a pair I'll let you guys know how they fit. Going by their size chart, I figure the small will work for me. It's what they had left via Amazon (at the lower price) nearest my size, otherwise I would have gone with X-small. I have about a 7.5" palm circumference, so I fall right in between the two sizes, and they recommend sizing up.


XOXOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap!

***I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.