Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Dyeing Spandex - Part II

A bit of a boring post, but I received my samples of the spandex I ordered, and could tell right away that the extra samples just wouldn't cut it.
Along with the white Jumbo Spandex, I gave a few other types a shot. Nope.
But the white Jumbo Spandex is exactly what I need. So I did a little test with some extra Dharma acid dye in Fire Engine Red.
I thought I might get, at best, a soft pink out of this...boy was I wrong!
It's hard to see how shiny the white fabric is in this shot, but it gleams
.

A true red, the color took like crazy to this 90% Nylon 10% spandex. After just 1 minute, I had a rich cool red, and while it was softer than the red pants, it was plenty vivid. The color-fastness is really good, too. It hardly bled color after the first few seconds of rinsing.
I ordered more acid dyes from Dharma in Flamingo Pink, Strawberry Red, Sunflower Yellow and Peach Blush. These should give me plenty to experiment with to get just the right shade of coral blush pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap!

***I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.