Sunday, August 28, 2016

When Life Gives You Lemons....

...grab the Sculpy, 2-part epoxy and paint!
Since my custom metal Screw U pendant won't make it to me in time for Dragon Con (and it's just one of those things, no one's fault), I decided to make a quick stand-in.
It's not going to be fabulous, but it will do for now ;-)

(This is a shot from the underside, hence the screw going in the opposite direction)


After I get the 'U' epoxied to the screw, it will all get a light brushing of deeper metallic gunmetal paint, to age the cracks and crevices a bit more.
I'll post a photo here when it's complete.

***Update***
Here she is, my quickie Screw U pendant!
I still want to take a small file and even out the inside curve of the 'U' a bit, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out all things considered.


Now cross your fingers I finish all the other costume projects for Dragon con. Holy crap, it's in a few days!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap!

***I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.